Although my parents and I had planned on deciding if the trip could be a go by this point, minimal decisions have happened. I would really like to prioritize that this upcoming week. Once that is decided I will be able to move forward and finalize flight plans. Something new is that we are talking about stopping in Hawaii for a day or so on the way. This would help break up the long trip over. It is roughly fourteen hours just flying from Honolulu into Melbourne Australia. My sister told me the way over was probably the worst part for them. They had to fly into Los Angeles from Billings before making the fourteen hour trek. So if we have to fly into a bigger airport it may as well be Honolulu.
So now instead of a 10 day trip we would instead go for 14 days and our budget is going to be adjusted. I plan on researching potential costs of time in Hawaii this upcoming week. Hawaii is still being discussed though. I cleared attendance with Mr. Gundlach and I am very pleased with where that went. He said if I stay under 12 absences per semester I will be set. I could schedule the trip over Easter break and music festival resulting in me missing 7 school days max. On a different topic, my passport is expired. I went by the post office two days ago to educate myself on the proper protocol and the man up front was very helpful. Since my expired passport was processed when I was a minor, my new one will be a complete remake. I was given a bunch of paperwork and a phone number to make an appointment by. I have yet to make my appointment because I honestly haven't found the time to look at the paperwork I was given. That is next on my list though.
I've been learning a lot through all this planning, mainly that I don't know everything so it's okay to ask questions. I am sure that this trip will change many times throughout all the planning and that is just fine.
* Rod and Ross when they came to visit. This is in front of the 'Trappers Cabin' on our Ranch.

Catie, when filling out your passport remember to use a black ink pen! When my mom and I did our passports, we did it in a blue ink pen! The lady at the post office made us refill everything out when we went to get our pictures taken. Also, I love your pictures and when I plan my trip to Australia so I can go where "The Man from Snowy River" movie was made, I will definitely be using your trip plans as my guide.
ReplyDelete